The Singapore Maritime Gallery (SMG) would want all visitors to enjoy every moment of their time at the gallery.
In the interests of all visitors’ safety and comfort, the following should be observed at all times during a visit to the gallery. Should any visitors fail to comply, a member of the SMG staff or the security may ask the visitor to leave the premises:
Before the Visit
- Visitors must observe the house rules and instructions from SMG staff at all times in the interest of their safety and comfort during their visit to the gallery. SMG staff have the right to ask visitors to leave the gallery should they fail to do so.
- Do note that there is camera surveillance throughout the gallery. The video recordings are kept for a period to be determined by Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore and can made available to the police, if necessary.
- Items such as large bags, rucksacks and umbrellas are not permitted in the exhibition areas. These items can be deposited near the reception counter.
- The gallery is accessible to wheelchair users. However, personal mobility devices such as electric scooters, skateboards, etc. are not permitted within the gallery, and have to be deposited near the reception counter.
- To ensure the safety of any child, strollers are to be folded up and deposited near the reception counter in the event that the gallery is crowded.
- Drinks and/or food are not permitted to be consumed in the gallery.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the gallery.
- Pets are not permitted in the gallery, with the exception of registered guide dogs
During the Visit
- All persons-in-charge, teachers and supervisors of large groups must manage their groups’ conduct when they visit, to ensure that the group visits run smoothly.
- Visitors must observe basic rules of public conduct and etiquette, and should not behave in a manner that will disturb the experience of other visitors such as running, playing, loud talking or shouting in the gallery.
- Visitors should refrain from touching the exhibits in the gallery unless specifically asked to do so by SMG guides during the guided tours.
- Visitors are liable for any damage they cause in the gallery and around its vicinity, be it intentionally or accidentally.
- To ensure the safety and security of tour participants, the general public are not allowed to join pre-arranged tours. For general public who wish to attend the gallery tour, kindly book online for a later date.
- Photography, with no flash, can be taken in the gallery for personal use. For commercial photography and press photography, prior arrangement with the gallery is required.
- Writing or drawing (with pencil or ballpoint pen) as a form of activity is allowed in the gallery as long as it is not disruptive to the visitors and does not damage any fixtures and exhibits within the gallery.
- For large school groups, sitting on the ground is only permitted when the gallery is not busy or crowded, and if the action does not cause any obstructions to throughways.
- Photographs, videos and audio records may be taken of visitors at the gallery. By visiting the gallery, visitors grant the management of the gallery the full rights to use the resulting images and recordings without claims for payments or royalties. This may include (but is not limited to) printed and online publicity, social media and press releases.
After the Visit
The Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore is not liable for any damage to, loss or theft of personal property.
Visitors can leave their feedback regarding their experience via the survey forms located at the reception counter, or through the website.